- CSIRO Land and Water
- Surface Water Hydrology Program
- Hydrological Modeller
- Highett, Victoria, Australia
- Closing Date
- 19 November 2010
CLW is seeking an experienced Hydrological Modeller to work within the Water Forecasting and Prediction Team of the Surface Water Hydrology Program. In this ongoing position you will work closely with personnel from the Bureau of Meteorology and other agencies as well as other groups within CSIRO. The new hire will:
- contribute to the development of improved methods of forecasting streamflow while translating modelling research into operational tools for use by Bureau forecasters
- conduct innovative research on statistical modelling, rainfall-runoff modelling, model parameter estimation and calibration as well as coupling of models (e.g. linking rainfall and climate forecasts to flood and streamflow forecasts).
- a Ph.D. and/or equivalent experience in science or engineering
- demonstrated high level experience in statistical, mathematical and numerical modelling for hydrological applications
- scientific programming skills, especially knowledge of scientific programming languages (e.g. Fortran), visualization and statistics software (e.g. IDL, MATLAB, R) and automation (i.e. scripting).